Thursday, October 18, 2007

To stream or not to stream?

Well, I've been going through the list of podcasts and streaming video from the assignment list this week and choosing several to listen to and watch. I found the Room 208 podcast really interesting. It has a huge variety of student work, including links to blogs, and the teacher has a blog podcast giving tips and links to help teachers get started with podcasting or blogging. I love watching the video clips as there is such a variety available. I have used clips from Unitedstreaming in my library from time to time. It is really not hard to do, it is just finding the time to sit down and look up what I need, download, etc. I would like to work video streaming into my lesson plans more than I currently do. I've thought of setting aside 20-30 min. each afternoon to just browse what's out there in online videos in order to work in more of this technology.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I also especially liked the student-created podcasts. I listened to one done by elementary-aged students about the Civil War. I think my students might listen to another kid talk about something educational better than listening to me. I, like you, want to do more research to find just what I need to add into my lessons.

Emma Eager said...

Podcasting is a good web tool. I am happy that I know how to search the web for podcasts. This is something that elementary students will enjoy. It is especially good for auditory learners.